Fancy winning a share of $1000 during World Cup 2018?
We’re giving away $40 each match day to our Twitter followers.
If you follow @us_aus on Twitter, to win the cash prize all you need to do is:
1. Retweet the competition tweet.
2. Reply with the correct score of the chosen game on any particular match day.
3. Use the following hashtag in your reply – #CorrectScore365
Example entry: "Australia will beat Peru 4-1 #CorrectScore365."
For each competition, the entrants that have predicted the wining team and final score correctly and are in compliance with these terms and conditions will be put into a random draw and the prize ($40) will be awarded at random. If only one entrant has predicted the winning team and final score correctly, that entrant will win the prize without a draw taking place.
The first competition will begin with a $40 cash prize. If no entrant guesses the correct score for a selected match, the cash prize will rise in increments of $40 each match day until there is a winning entrant.
The prize will start again at $40 ahead of the next match day if there is a correct entry.
Good luck and enjoy World Cup 2018.
#CorrectScore365 Terms and Conditions:
1. The promoter is Hillside (Australia New Media) Pty Ltd t/a us of 90 Arthur St North Sydney (referred to in these terms as “us”). Phone number: 1800 365 365. NSW permit number is LTPM/18/03175.
2. The promotion is open to Australian residents only.
3. You are not required to have a us account to enter but entry is open only to you if you follow @us_aus on Twitter and you comply with the remainder of these terms.
4. Please ensure your tweet can be viewed by @us_aus (we cannot see posts from Protected Accounts).
5. Entrants must be 18 years old or over and prize winners must provide identification to us’s reasonable satisfaction to prove their eligibility otherwise they will forfeit their prize.
6. An employee, director or contractor of us and members of his/her immediate family are not eligible to enter.
How to enter and win
7. The promotion period commences on June 14, 2018 at 11pm AEST and concludes on July 16, 2018 and will comprise of 25 competitions.
8. A competition will take place on each day:
a) during the Promotion Period; and
b) that a selected match takes place (see below).
9. Entry to each competition will commence two hours before the selected match is scheduled to kick-off (as per the FIFA website). At this time, us will tweet the competition tweet (that is, the us tweet containing a question asking the winning team and the final score of the selected match and a link to these T & Cs).
10. Entries close five minutes before each selected match is scheduled to kick-off (these times are as per the FIFA website and are also listed below (correct as at 7 May 2018)).
11. All entries must be submitted during the relevant competition period. Competition winners will be announced on Twitter by 11am AEST the following morning.
How to win
12. To win a competition, an eligible entrant must:
a) Follow @us_aus on Twitter.
b) Retweet the competition tweet and reply with the #CorrectScore365 hashtag and their prediction of the winning team and final score.
13. An entrant is permitted to enter each competition only once. If an entrant enters more than once, us may disqualify that entrant.
14. For each competition, the entrants that have predicted the wining team and final score correctly and are in compliance with these terms and conditions will be put into a random draw and the prize ($40 plus any carry over, see below) will be awarded at random. If only one entrant has predicted the winning team and final score correctly, that entrant will win the prize without a draw taking place.
15. The prize is $40 AUD per competition, however, where no entrant correctly predicts the winning team and final score, the $40 for that competition will be carried over to the next competition and so on until a competition takes place and an entrant/s has correctly predicted the winning team and final score in relation to the relevant match.
16. The promotion has a maximum prize value of $1,000 ($40 per competition multiplied by 25 separate competitions).
17. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable.
18. If a prize winner is a us account holder, withdrawable funds will be deposited into their us account, with no turnover requirement, or a cheque will be sent in the mail, at the prize winner's election. If a prize winner is not a us account holder, a cheque will be sent in the mail.
19. For each competition, winners will be announced Twitter by 11am AEST the following morning and us will also contact the prize winner via Twitter direct messaging within 24 hours of the end of that match. In the event that, within 48 hours of us making initial contact with that prize winner, that prize winner does not accept their prize, or cannot be contacted or their identity cannot be verified to the satisfaction of us, that prize winner will forfeit their prize.
20. In the event a prize is forfeited, us will hold another random draw of all remaining eligible entrants (ie those who predicted the winning team and the final score correctly and are in compliance with these terms and conditions) for the relevant match within 48 hours of the prize being forfeited by the initial prize winner. This subsequent prize winner is also subject to these terms and conditions relating to the prize.
21. All draws will take place at us’s address.
22. us reserves the right to withhold or withdraw prizes at its own discretion (e.g. if a single user is suspected of creating multiple Twitter accounts to enter competitions). us, acting reasonably, reserves the right to vary, suspend or terminate this promotion at any time and for any reason.
23. Any decision made by us relating to this promotion or any competition comprising this promotion is final.
Selected matches and scheduled start times:
Match 1: Russia v Saudi Arabia – June 15, 1am AEST
Match 2: Portugal v Spain – June 16, 4am AEST
Match 3: France v Australia – June 16, 8pm AEST
Match 4: Germany v Mexico – June 18, 1am AEST
Match 5: Tunisia v England – June 19, 4am AEST
Match 6: Colombia v Japan – June 19, 10pm AEST
Match 7: Portugal v Morocco – June 20, 10pm AEST
Match 8: Denmark v Australia – June 21, 10pm AEST
Match 9: Brazil v Costa Rica – June 22, 10pm AEST
Match 10: Germany v Sweden – June 24, 4am AEST
Match 11: England v Panama – June 24, 10pm AEST
Match 12: Spain v Morocco – June 26, 4am AEST
Match 13: Australia v Peru – June 27, 12am AEST
Match 14: Serbia v Brazil – June 28, 4am AEST
Match 15: England v Belgium – June 29, 4am AEST
The remaining 10 competition periods are TBC as they will relate to knock out matches and the finals. Each of the remaining 10 selected matches will be announced by us on Twitter two hours prior to its scheduled kick-off and the competition tweet for that match will be tweeted at the same time. Entries for each competition relating to these matches will close five minutes before each selected match is scheduled to kick-off (as per the FIFA website).