Conte rules out Sanchez raid

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has made it clear that he is not interested in signing Arsenal's Chile international Alexis Sanchez.

Manchester City said on Monday that they had decided not to prolong their interest in the 29-year-old, who now seems set to join Manchester United.

When asked if there was any truth in Chelsea buying Sanchez, Conte replied: "I don't know, I don't think so. I don't want to give my opinion about the transfer market.

"I try to work with my players, I am happy to work with my players. We are working very well and I am trying to build something important for this club. This is my first task.

"If someone asks my opinion if we improve (the squad) or not I can give my opinion. But the most important thing is to work and to continue to try to improve every single player. I stop."

Meanwhile, Sevilla have been linked with Michy Batshuayi, who has started just three Premier League games for the Blues since moving to Stamford Bridge from Marseille for more than £33million in 2016.

Batshuayi is set to start against Norwich City in the FA Cup on Wednesday and is 8/11 to score at any time in the third-round replay.

Chelsea are 11/2 to win the FA Cup this season and 28/1 to lift the Champions League.

Mignolet considers his options

Belgium international Simon Mignolet may look to leave Liverpool this month after growing frustrated with Jurgen Klopp's selection policy.

Klopp opted to start with Loris Karius as his goalkeeper for Sunday's thrilling 4-3 victory against Manchester City at Anfield.

Karius' previous appearances this season had been primarily in the Champions League, so Mignolet cannot understand why he did not start the FA Cup tie with Everton earlier this month or the victory against Pep Guardiola's table-topping side.

"After all that has happened this season, I know where I am at and the situation has become clearer," the former Sunderland shot-stopper said.

"Klopp told me honestly and personally in that conversation. Of course, I am absolutely not satisfied with that, but I must always respect a decision of the coach. After all that has happened this season, I know where I am and the situation has become clearer.

"I always try to stay quiet and calm. In the past I did come back stronger from such situations. But I must of course also think of my own future. The only thing I can do is focus on my training and do my best. I become 30 years old and the World Cup is coming this summer.

"This situation cannot take too long, which is clear. I cannot lose any more time."

Liverpool are 14/1 to win the Champions League this season and 11/2 to triumph in the FA Cup. Meanwhile, Belgium can be backed at 12/1 to win this summer's World Cup.

Kroos reveals top-four target

Real Madrid midfielder Toni Kroos believes his side have to ensure they finish in the top four in La Liga, having endured a tough league season to date.

Los Blancos suffered their latest setback on Saturday as they were beaten 1-0 at home by Villarreal, who closed to within a point of Real, who currently occupy fourth place in the standings.

And Kroos accepts that all hopes of retaining the league title are gone, with Barcelona already 16 points clear of their deadly rivals.

The Germany international told BeIN Sports: "First of all, we have to think about our position at the moment.

"We have to focus on qualifying for the Champions League next season. I think that should be the objective for the rest of the season.

"That's because 16 points (to Barcelona) is very big. It's not the time to think about anything that isn't the next game and picking up points in order to get closer to our objective, which is to be among the top four."

Meanwhile, head coach Zinedine Zidane remains confident that Real will be able to turn their fortunes around as soon as they improve on a run of one win in five games since they lifted the FIFA Club World Cup.

He added: "Once we win a game it will change things. We have to keep thinking that we're going to change them. After we win a match, we must keep working hard so we can win the next one.

"I don't think we're predictable and the team haven't hit rock bottom. We're in a bad way and losing was a blow, but we'll keep going."

Real are 8/1 to win a third consecutive Champions League title this season, with Barcelona 13/2 and Manchester City 3/1.

View all Soccer betting

Anything is possible warns Conte

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has refused to confirm whether he will still be in charge at Stamford Bridge next season, amid reports of a possible summer exit.

Conte led the Blues to the Premier League title in his first season in charge, with Chelsea also reaching the FA Cup final, where they were beaten by capital rivals Arsenal.

However, rumours continue to do the rounds that Conte may move on at the end of the current campaign and the Italian did little to firm up his future when he spoke ahead of a visit from Leicester City on Saturday afternoon.

He told reporters: "I have another year of my contract with this club, but as you know very well everything is possible. In one moment you stay here, in another moment another person replaces you in your job."

"In this case, I think the club has to decide to send me away.

"We have started a big job here and you need time to improve your work.

"Football is very difficult to stay at a club for many years, especially in England. Before managers were in charge for many years, but now in England they are happy to sack the manager early.

"We are talking about staying in Chelsea and the history of Chelsea is very clear, it's normal the press speak about Chelsea and the manager of Chelsea."

The Blues are currently in third place in the Premier League standings, some 16 points adrift of runaway leaders Manchester City, who have dropped a mere four points from 22 league games played so far this season.

Chelsea are 1/6 to secure a top-four finish this season, while they are 10/3 to win the League Cup and 28/1 to triumph in the Champions League.

View all Soccer betting

Marcelo: We are sinking

Marcelo accepts that the current situation at Real Madrid is the worst he has known since he joined the club more than a decade ago.

Real are 16 points behind leaders Barcelona after being held to a 2-2 draw by Celta Vigo on Sunday.

Zinedine Zidane's team were leading with eight minutes to go thanks to Gareth Bale's brace after Daniel Wass had given Celta the lead.

However, Maxi Gomez's late header ensured the match finished as a draw and 29-year-old Brazilian Marcelo admitted afterwards: "It is how it looks from the outside – we are sad, angry and we feel like we are sinking.

"It is one of the worst situations I've experienced here. We'll try to work hard and fight so we can win our next game but we don't like this situation at all. It's difficult because the more games you draw or lose the more pressure you are under."

Marcelo has won four La Liga and three Champions League titles since joining Real in 2007.

Real Madrid can be backed at 8/1 to win the Champions League again this season while they are available at 1/12 to win their next match against Numancia on 10th January.

Zidane's side have failed to win any of their last four away matches and are fourth in the table while Atletico Madrid are second and Valencia third.

Zidane rules out January arrivals

Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane says he doesn't want any January arrivals despite his side having 'no room for error left this season'.

Zidane believes Real can get their season back on track without any new signings and insisted he would prefer to do his business in the summer transfer market.

The La Liga champions fell 14 points behind Barcelona in the title race following their 3-0 El Clasico defeat at the Bernabeu before the winter break.

In Europe, two-time defending champions Real Madrid face big-spending Paris St-Germain in the last-16 of the Champions League next month, prompting speculation in the Spanish press that Zidane might be tempted to bring in some January reinforcements.

That is not part of his plan, insists the French coach.

"As we all know, until 31st January, someone can come in – this is the market – but I do not want anyone as I am happy with my squad," Zidane said.

"I remember last year there were no problems like this, as Madrid was doing well, playing well, but when a team is going a bit bad, as can happen sometimes, there is talk of transfers but I am not that type of coach."

Real are 8/1 to win a third successive Champions League this season while they are 1/2 to reopen their domestic campaign with a win at Celta Vigo on Sunday evening.

With PSG looming and a big gap to bridge in the league, Zidane admits they cannot afford any more mistakes.

"We are still in three competitions and will give our best until the end of the season," he added.

"We must hit our level now and show what we can do. We are very motivated. We have no room for error left this season, but we are very excited about that."

Real Madrid are 11/10 to eliminate Paris St-Germain in their Champions League last-16 tie.

View all Soccer betting

Heynckes rules out Vidal exit

Bayern Munich head coach Jupp Heynckes has dismissed talk of Arturo Vidal being allowed to leave the club to join Premier League champions Chelsea.

The 30-year-old Chile international midfielder joined Bayern in the summer of 2015 from Juventus, having previously impressed in the Bundesliga with Bayer Leverksuen.

He has since helped the Bavarian giants to two Bundesliga titles and a DFB-Pokal success, while also being a key member of the Chile squad who won the Copa America in both 2015 and 2016.

And Heynckes insists that Vidal is going nowhere, while also ruling out the January sale of any player he wants to remain at the Allianz Arena.

He told reporters at a winter training camp in Qatar: "Certainly, there's been no contact between the clubs, it's just speculation. Arturo Vidal is very motivated, he's a top player and we need him at his very best if Bayern is to play well.

"We will not sell Arturo Vidal, or any other player for that matter, during the winter break."

Bayern hold an 11-point lead at the top of the Bundesliga table as the teams enjoy their winter break, with the men from Munich also having progressed through to the knockout stages of the Champions League.

In the last-16 they have been drawn to face Besiktas, with the two sides having only met twice before, with Bayern winning 2-0 in both games in the group stages of the 1997/98 Champions League.

Die Roten are available at 5/1 to win the Champions League this season, with holders Real Madrid priced at 8/1 and Manchester City 3/1.

View all Soccer betting

Chiellini dreams of Euro glory

Juventus stalwart Giorgio Chiellini says his side will focus on their day-to-day business, although the Champions League remains a massive target.

Juve begin 2018 in second place in Serie A, having been crowned Italian champions in each of the last six seasons.

And, while claiming another Scudetto is important, Italy central defender Chiellini accepts that becoming European champions for the first time in more than two decades is also a major goal.

He told the club's official website: "It is normal for the Champions League to be part of our goals, it's our ambition.

"But we are always focused on every training session and the weekly league matches, because in the Champions League you only play a few games. We have to set a good foundation in our everyday life.

"Is it a dream or an obsession? It's a target. For the fans it's a dream, but for us it's a realistic goal that can be achieved."

Juve have lost in the Champions League final on no fewer than five occasions since claiming the title for the second time in 1996, being beaten by Barcelona and Real Madrid in 2015 and 2017 respectively.

La Vecchia Signora can be backed at 16/1 to win the Champions League this season, with Barca priced at 7/1 and Bayern Munich available at 5/1.

Juve have been drawn to face Tottenham Hotspur in the last-16 of the competition, having finished in second place behind Barca in Group D.

View all Soccer betting

Bayern return perfect for Wagner

Germany striker Sandro Wagner is relishing the chance to join Bayern Munich, having wrapped up a move from Bundesliga rivals Hoffenheim.

The 30-year-old, who has scored five goals in seven appearances for the German national team, has agreed a contract running until the summer of 2020 at the Allianz Arena, having started his career with Bayern a decade ago.

Wagner joined Hoffenheim in the summer of 2016 and has since scored 15 goals in 42 Bundesliga appearances, with his form seeing him earn a first senior call-up with Germany earlier this year.

And he is clearly happy to be heading back to his first club, telling the official Hoffenheim club website: "Bayern's interest in me was an honour, but I did have to think about it.

"I know exactly what I have to thank Hoffenheim for. I became a Germany international here. I was able to experience my most successful time in my career so far here.

"(However) I want to seize this great opportunity and I'm very thankful to Hoffenheim for agreeing to let me transfer to the team I played for as a youngster and with that, return to my beloved home city. It's a dream come true."

Wagner will strengthen a Bayern squad who are 11 points clear at the top of the Bundesliga table heading into the winter break, having also booked their place in the DFB-Pokal quarter-finals by ousting holders Borussia Dortmund.

They are also through to the last-16 of the Champions League, where they have been drawn to face Besiktas.

Bayern can be backed at 5/1 to win the Champions League this season, with holders Real Madrid priced at 8/1 and Manchester City available at 3/1.

View all Soccer betting

Pep hints at defensive addition

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola is considering a January move for a new central defender, as he worried about his options in that area.

Skipper Vincent Kompany continues to be plagued by injuries, while John Stones is currently sidelined by a hamstring problem, leaving Guardiola with only Nicolas Otamendi and Eliaquim Mangala as cover.

Midfielder Fernandinho could drop into the backline if required, but Guardiola is concerned about a lack of options, with the Citizens chasing silverware on several fronts heading into the New Year.

He told reporters ahead of a trip to Swansea City on Wednesday evening: "In that department we have too few players and to handle all competitions we are in trouble, real trouble if this is the case.

"We're going to see what will happen in January. Maybe we are thinking of looking at another central defender because of Vincent's problems and John is four or five weeks out."

Guardiola also gave his full support to France international Mangala, who was keen to move on last summer after falling down the pecking order with City.

He added: "He is not just going to help us in this moment when Vincent and John are injured, but for the rest of the season.

"We were clear with Mangala that we wanted to find a solution, but when we didn't find it I met him in my office and said 'now you are our player, you will be treated like the others'.

"He has a quality that our other central defenders don't have and in some games he is going to help us."

City are currently priced at 1/25 to win the Premier League title, while they are 4/1 to lift the FA Cup and 3/1 to win the Champions League for the first time in their history.

View all Soccer betting